By Glenn E. Snyder
Read Online or Download Acts of Paul: The Formation of a Pauline Corpus (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe) PDF
Best church history books
The land of Israel is a land of milk, honey and desire. it's a land whose geography and theological message are in detail associated. Land of Milk and Honey bargains a old and theological creation to the actual geography of biblical Israel. the writer illustrates the ways that geography performed a key position within the tradition and literature of old humans.
This vintage historical past of the Scottish Covenanters comprises the next chapters:PrologueI. How the King got here HomeII. The Drunken ParliamentIII. A Deathbed in St. AndrewsIV. Marquis and MartyrV. the fast guy Who couldn't BowVI. Sharp of That IlkVII. Their Graces input and His Grace Departs. VIII. John Livingston Tells His personal StoryIX.
Did new senses of the self emerge within the excessive Roman Empire, and if that is so what have been the non secular corollaries? have been such alterations hooked up to techniques of institutional switch? might they usefully be defined as 'individualisation'? those are the foremost issues of the authors of this quantity. They handle the sector of Hellenistic philosophy, scientific texts and the literature of the so-called moment Sophistic, which all were recruited to this debate.
Marcel Jousse's anthropology of mimism is a plea for a transformation of civilization. Our present-day Western civilization has decomposed the person right into a mind-soul-spirit and a physique, positioned writing because the apex of this human's expression, and set this human because the conqueror of his international. Jousse pleads for a threefold re-composition: a human compound, expressing himself as an entire, and in trade with a cosmos that he mimes and infuses with realization.
- Rock Plunged into Eternity, The (Fulton J. Sheen)
- Image and Pilgrimage in Christian Culture
- Schenute von Atripe: Contra Origenistas: Edition des koptischen Textes mit annotierter Übersetzung und Indizes einschließlich einer Übersetzung des 16. ... Antiquity and Christianity) (German Edition)
- The Contemporary Church and the Early Church: Case Studies in Ressourcement (Evangelical Theological Society Monograph Series Book 9)
- The Senses in Religious Communities, 1600–1800: Early Modern ‘Convents of Pleasure’ (Women and Gender in the Early Modern World)
- Holy Fire Fell: A History of Worship, Revivals, and Feasts in the Church of the Nazarene
Extra info for Acts of Paul: The Formation of a Pauline Corpus (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe)
Acts of Paul: The Formation of a Pauline Corpus (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament / 2. Reihe) by Glenn E. Snyder